Through his 40+ years of legal practice, Roger worked with major firms in Australia, Japan, Sweden and the United States.Roger gained a reputation as an international commercial transactions specialist and corporate lawyer best known for advising natural resources companies, and consumer products companies, including start-ups, in the electronics, software, food distribution and retail, and food service retail sectors.
Roger has an in-depth knowledge of the corporate legal environment having served as in-house counsel for major international companies in the mining, consumer products (electronics), food distribution and food service industries.
Roger advised on the legal aspects of foreign investments in numerous countries as well as the exploration, development and operation of some of the largest mining, mineral exploration and development projects in Australia and some 40 other countries, serving both internationally-based companies and governments, often serving on boards of directors.
Roger served two terms as Chairman of the Cross-Border Investment Committee of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA), and continues to be actively involved in the work of the IPBA. He was a founder, Legal Counsel and later a director of the Canadian-Australian Chamber of Commerce Limited, of which he is presently Governor Emeritus. Roger previously served as a director of the Australia-Japan Society of NSW.
Roger has been an invited speaker at several international legal and business conferences and frequently served as moderator of conference sessions, typically those focused on cross-border transactions, natural resources and energy issues, and international trade.
Roger no longer directly advises clients, and instead serves as mentor and advisor to the firm’s other professionals.
- Senior Advisor (previously, Of Counsel) – Connor & Co Lawyers
- Governor Emeritus (previously, Legal Counsel and Board Member) – Canadian Australian Chamber of Commerce Limited (CACC)
- Special Counsel – O’Neill Partners
- Director & Company Secretary – Burger King Australia Pty Ltd
- Asia-Pacific Legal Counsel – Burger King Corporation
- Chairman, Cross Border Investment Committee – Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- Special Counsel – Cowley Hearne Lawyers (now, Thomson Geer)
- Consulting Legal Counsel – Cyprus Amax/Oakbridge Limited
- Consultant – Collier Shannon Rill & Scott
- Consultant – Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Stockholm University – Law & International Relations
- Ohio Northern University – Claude W Pettit College of Law – JD, Law
- Dag Hammarskjold College – International Relations
- Case Western Reserve University – BA, History; Political Science